THE CANCER AWARENESS RUN & RIDE
SEPTEMBER 20, 2014
Join us on Saturday, September 20, 2014 and learn more about cancer awareness, cancer prevention and early detection, as well as nutrition, exercise and living a healthier life.
Our goal is to provide a family-friendly event that promotes cancer awareness and provides an exhibit area with information about cancer prevention, early detection, cancer support services, nutrition, fitness, and living a healthy lifestyle. The event gives participants a chance to honor and remember those in their lives who have been touched by cancer. It also gives our community the opportunity to come together to show support of cancer issues and cancer survivors.
- THE RUN:
10K and 2-Mile Run or Walk and Kids Fun Run
- THE RIDE:
61-Mile, 25-Mile and 12-Mile Rides
(Family-Friendly Event, Not a Race)
- THE COMBO:
The Run and The Ride Please Note:
(61 Mile Ride Not Available)
Whether you run, walk or ride, everyone is invited to this family-oriented community event, which includes educational exhibits addressing cancer and healthy lifestyles with free activities for kids. Food and prizes are included for registered participants.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 6:00 a.m. – Ride Registration Opens
- 7 to 7:45 a.m. – Run Registration
- 7 a.m. – 61-Mile Ride Begins
- 8 a.m. – 10K and 2-Mile Run or Walk
- 9:15 a.m. – 25-Mile Ride Begins
- 9:45 a.m. – Kids Fun Run
(Free for ages 10 and under. Sign up at Shadow Chase Running Club booth.)
- 10:00 a.m. – Run Awards Ceremony Begins
- 10:15 a.m. – 12-Mile Ride Begins
- 11 a.m.to 1:30 p.m. – Barbecue Lunch (Included in registration fee)
- 1:00 p.m. – All Courses Will Close
Prize Drawings: Check the prize booth for your bib number after the ride (price must be picked up by 2 p.m.)
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Starts at 6 a.m.
Modesto Junior College, West Campus
2201 Blue Gum Avenue, Modesto
Directions: From Hwy. 99, use the West Briggsmore Ave. overpass to North Carpenter Rd. Turn right on Blue Gum Avenue. The college is on the right.
HOW TO REGISTER
To request a registration form in the mail, or for more information,
please call 209-569-7789.
- Online registration ends on 9/17/2014 at 12 p.m.
- Register at event site on 9/19/2014, Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Same day Ride registration opens at 6 a.m. and the Run and Combo registration is open from 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
In 2004, Memorial Medical Center’s annual cancer awareness event expanded by partnering with Shadow Chase Running Club and adding a run. That year we registered 208 runners and walkers. In 2006, we partnered with Fun Sport Bikes and employee volunteers to add a bicycle ride. The Cancer Awareness Run and Ride became an annual event in 2008. Last year more than 1,500 registered participants enjoyed a fun-filled and memorable day.