Free support groups listed below are available through Memorial and other organizations. Complementary therapies also provide a support system for patients and their family members and caregivers.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUPS
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Support Group – For patients, parents, families and friends who have been affected by Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, Myeloma, or any other blood related cancers. Call 209-526-4500, Ext. 6505, to register for this free support group.
- Look Good, Feel Better – Free, for women in active cancer treatment. 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Contact the American Cancer Society at 524-7242, press 3.
- Ovarian Cancer Support Group – Free. 526-2802 or 527-4110, Ext. 111.
- Reach to Recovery – Free. One-on-one support for breast cancer patients. 524-7242, press 3.
- Thyroid Cancer Support Group – Free for thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and friends. For information, Call 209-573-4177 or 209-648-8449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about Thyroid Cancer Support Group.
- US, TOO! Prostate Cancer Support Group – Free. 869-2141.