Free support groups listed below are available through Memorial and other organizations. Complementary therapies also provide a support system for patients and their family members and caregivers.
MEMORIAL'S SUPPORT GROUPS
- Breast Cancer Support Group – The breast cancer support group is designed to help individuals navigate through the journey of breast cancer. Survivors can be at any stage of the cancer journey – from a new diagnosis through long- term survivorship. Our purpose is to provide emotional and social support in an open, accepting environment. Survivors, families, and caregivers are invited to attend. For more information and to RSVP, please call (209) 530-3651 or (209) 530-3937. Occurs on second Thursday of each month, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUPS
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Support Group – For patients, parents, families and friends who have been affected by Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, Myeloma, or any other blood related cancers. Call 209-526-4500, Ext. 6505, to register for this free support group.
- Look Good, Feel Better – Free, for women in active cancer treatment. 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Contact the American Cancer Society at 524-7242, press 3.
- Ovarian Cancer Support Group – Free. 526-2802 or 527-4110, Ext. 111.
- Reach to Recovery – Free. One-on-one support for breast cancer patients. 524-7242, press 3.
- Thyroid Cancer Support Group – Free for thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and friends. For information, Call 209-573-4177 or 209-648-8449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about Thyroid Cancer Support Group.
- US, TOO! Prostate Cancer Support Group – Free. 869-2141.